Common techniques used by Registered Massage Therapists are deep tissue massage, cross fibre massage, myofascial/trigger point release, muscle attachment release, stretch massage, neuromuscular therapy and craniosacral therapy.
Often used in conjunction with other forms of physical therapy, massage can help to develop, improve, and maintain a patient’s physical function while relieving and preventing pain. There are many benefits to massage therapy including chronic pain relief and reduced depression or anxiety.
Treatments last from 30-90 minutes depending on the condition and area affected and many conditions have been shown to respond to a single treatment. Multiple treatments can be more effective for chronic conditions and mental health issues including trait anxiety (a patient’s susceptibility to anxiety) and subclinical depression. It can be used to treat patients of any age and medical condition, bring a sense of wellbeing and relaxation to their treatment program.
Through massage we can:
- Relieve or reduce the symptoms of headaches and migraines
- Relieve pain from sports injuries
- Treat ligament or tendon problems tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, and RSI
- Relieve neck pain or whiplash
- Reduce muscle stiffness, aches, and tension
- Ease lower back problems and shoulder pain or stiffness
- Treat hip, pelvic, and leg pain or dysfunction
- Restore previous level of activity
- Improved sense of vitality and well-being